Drumstick leaves Daal
I call it superfood, also known as Moringa Leaves, it’s packed with vitamins, minerals and amino acids.
They are many medicinal benefits of these leaves, it has anti-inflammatory and anti-cancer benefit.
The recipe is quite simple and comforting, with fried chicken or fish on the side with, this lentils daal will make your meal!
- 1 Cup Toor dal
- 3 Cup Moringa leaves
- 2 Large tomatoes
- 5-6 Green chilly
- 1 Tsp Dried Chilly Flakes
- 3-4 Whole Dry chillies
- 1/4 Tsp Turmeric powder
- 1/2 Tsp Roasted cumin powder
- 1 tsp Ginger garlic paste
- Washed and cleaned Tamrind About a lemon size
- 1 Bunch Fresh Corainder leaves
- 1/2 Bunch Curry Leaves
- 1 Large Onion
- 3 Drumsticks shaved and cut into 3 inch long
- Salt as per intake
For Tempering - 1/2 tsp Mustard seeds, 1 tsp Cumin Seeds, 1 pinch Asafoetida, 5 tbsp Oil, 7-8 crushed garlic cloves, red chilly
Wash the soaked dal and add ginger garlic paste, Moringa leaves, turmeric, dried chilly, chilly flakes, tomatoes, onion and allow 3-4 whistles with 2 cups of water.
As shown below.
After the whistles, mashed the dal coarsely, add tamarinc paste, drumsticks, 1 cup hot water and allow to cook for 15 minutes. The tamarind cooks and the drumsticks are soft.
Add Curry leaves, corainder Leaves and adjust salt
Prepare Tempering using all ingredients mentioned under 'temperng' and pour over cooked Dal
- You can also use Desi Ghee if you want to make it taste real good.
- If you wish to make it more spicer, add 1/2 tsp of red chilly powder in the bagaar(Tempering)
- If you prefer very soft drumstick, pressure cook it along with dal, but its might get fully dissolved.
- you can also used Tamarind pulp or soaked tamarind water instead of adding tamarind directly.