- 2 Can Tuna tins
- 5 Large Boiled Pototes
- 1 Tsp Ginger garlic paste
- 2 Large Onions thinly sliced
- 1 Tbspn Tomato paste Optinal
- Spices 1/4 tsp red chilly powder, 1/4 tsp turmeric powder, 1 tsp coriander powder, 1/2 zeera powder, 1/4 garam masala powder, 1/4 amchur powder(optional)
- 1 Bunch Fresh coriander leaves
- 1 Lemon juice
- 1/2 Black perpper powder
- 1 Cup Breadcrumbs
- Salt As needed
- 3-4 Green chilly Add more or less as per your intake
- 3 Tbsp Oil
In a pan, add oil and cook onions for 2-3 minutes.
Add ginger garlic paste and sauté for 5 minutes or until raw smells goes.
Add all the ingredients mentioned in ’spices’ except garam masala and cook on slow flame.
Add little water so the spices and cooked.
At this point, add green chillies and tuna fish. Drain off the excess water or oil from the tuna tins.
Cook the mixture Until it’s completely dry, please make sure there is no moisture, otherwise the cutlets might not be firm and break out while frying.
Add the boiled potatoes, coriander leaves, black pepper powder, garam masala and lemon juice.
Use your hands to mix all the contents.
The cutlet mix is now ready to shape out.
Prepare them in desired shapes using bread crumbs.
Freeze cutlets for 30 minutes before deep frying them
You can also freeze and store these cutlets upto 1 month and fry as needed.
Tip 1: grate the boiled potatoes to avoid any lumps and reduce you efforts while shaping the cutlets.
Tip 2 : once the tuna cutlet mixture is ready, freeze it for 40 minutes in refrigerator.