Green chicken curry
I really feel the name of this chicken curry could be little better, as it does no justice to the simplicity and taste of this curry.
The recipe ingredients are very simple yet the outcome is very rich. The chicken is marinated with all spices and then slow cooked with yoghurt and fresh herbs.
If your serving this chicken curry to guests it’s always better to prepare a day before as it taste better the next day
- 1 Whole chicken curry cut
- 2 Cups Yoghurt
- 6-8 Green chilly paste Adjust as per your spice intake
- 2 Tsp Ginger garlic paste
- 1/2 Tsp Zeera powder
- 1/2 Tsp Turmeric
- Garam masala - 1/2 tsp shahzeera, cruised cardomom 4-5, bay leaves 2-3
- 1 Tsp Garam masala
- 1 Cup Fresh coriander leaves
- 1 Cup Fresh mint leaves
- Salt As needed
- 3 Medium Crispy fried onion(reserve oil after frying as it will be used in curry)
- 1 Cup Frying onions and for curry
Marinate the chicken with ginger garlic paste, turmeric, zeera powder, whole garam masala, salt and keep for 1 hours as shown in pic
Next, add green chilly paste, youghurt and fresh leaves, oil(in which the onions are fried) cook on high flame for 5 minutes and then let it simmer for on low heat for 30 mins. Cover the curry and do not add any water. Occasionally stir with very light hands.
After 30 minutes, the oil separates, at this point add fried onions and simmer.
If you wish you can add little lemon just before serving.